Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sleep (or lack thereof)

Alternate title: I Need Coffee
I really need to find a way to get more caffeine in me in a day. Deklin averages about 15 hours of sleep a day. Roughly 10-12 hours at night and a 3-5 hour nap. Yet still at 5 doesn't sleep through the night. And before you say it, I know take away his nap, tried that. 2 weeks of hell and still didn't sleep through the night. On a good night (no tummy aches, leg pain, headaches, or any other random pain)he wakes up and goes right back to sleep fairly quickly. Mommy on the other hand doesn't fall back to sleep quite as easily. On the bad nights (usually because of GI issues) he will be up for a couple hours at a time. Most nights involve 3 or 4 wake up calls a night, plus the pump which has to  beep at least twice (or more) or it feels left out, and add in the fact that I frequently end up sleeping sitting up on the couch with him or with him in my room I'm tired. And yes late night blogging doesn't help, but some nights you just  give up on sleep. I need coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment